Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Day 4 Camp NaNo -- and musings

In Day 4 of NaNo, I will be writing more of the logistical stuff -- Ok, you've just now planned to take on the bad guys, how are you going to do this? Who will work with you? Who's going to derail your plan? And will the bickering couple end up in bed again?

I'm about 30,000 words away from the end game, so I need to make this good and not just rush to the finish line. I have to make good use of the Prodigy family who so far have only existed to make Ichirou and Grace question whether to confront Greg and Ayana's rather overprotective stance (this is YA*, after all).  They have a world to save -- almost literally; a plot at the United Nations promises to destabilize the world order.

In a way, however, I don't have to solve all these problems now. I can write in my 2000-word stretches, put together a book, and then edit it. My dream is to (as I've said before) hire a professional developmental editor -- largely because it's really hard to edit my own work. The sentences' pattern gets stuck in my head like the sounds of the train clattering down the track while you're half-asleep in a sleeper car. (Note to self: Win the lottery, build a greenhouse, visit somewhere with real train service and sleeper cars.)
*******
My Kindle Scout book has had more hits in the past two days than the previous one had after 30 days. Thanks!

Again, my Kindle Scout campaign is still running until May 1 here:

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1KM8I0ZK97R9J

And remember I love you.








*YA = Young Adult, which is booksellers' slang for the genre where the protagonist is somewhere between 16 and 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.