Tuesday, April 17, 2018

What Happened with the Blog

Remember when I said I was moving this blog over to Wix?

Wondering why I'm still here?

Don't get me wrong -- Wix is a beautiful blog, glossy and important looking. But it's not a blog for words as much as for pictures. Wix optimizes for the quick attention span -- big pictures that dominate the scene -- and for search engine optimization. That's fixed by this Blogger template -- a front page that lists Every. Single. Hashtag. on it.

I think the biggest reason for my disillusionment with Wix is that you weren't there. According to the high-tech statistical analytics, none of you were there except one person in El Macaro California, one person in Fort Worth Texas, One in Minooka IL, one from Gilbert Arizona, one from Toronto Canada , one from the middle of nowhere Indiana (not sure who that person is), and multiple hits from bots -- Wix in Ashford Virginia, Google in Mountain View California, and Suddenlink (my internet provider) in Tyler, TX.

I know more of you read this blog. I know not all of you are bots, even if you never say anything. I can't zero you down to city, but I know you by country. There are not many of you, but you are precious.


And I will remind you of my Wattpad serials:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.