Tuesday, April 3, 2018

To All My Lurkers

Dear Lurker:

I don't know who you are except by your country of origin, although even that could be spoofed. You read my blog for reasons I may never know (unless you're a bot, in which case I can guess that you don't really read my blog).

I will admit that I want to know who you are. First of all, I want to know for the same reasons that children launch a note in a bottle into the ocean and someone finds it on the shore 500 miles away and sends the child back a note. Or maybe it's like sending Flat Stanley to your favorite aunt halfway across the country and she sends it on a series of local adventures and takes pictures. I have people from Turkmenistan and Russia and Portugal and Peru, and I want to see who I've rubbed elbows with -- digitally at least.

I also want to know you because I want to hear your stories. My life is measured in others' stories and I have had the pleasure of hearing many excellent stories. You have stories with power and poetry, or with humor, or with pathos -- and I would love to hold those gifts in my hands.

Love,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.