Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Day 3 Camp NaNo -- serious editing out.

Day 3:  I'm writing the last 30,000  words of a 80,000 word book, and I am so far off my outline now that I'm not sure about this book at all. (goes back and makes minor changes to book).

Day 3: I deleted some of the more hokey parts that had developed. My problem is that I loved Agatha Christie's The Seven Dials Mystery, where seven sleuthing young adults in a secret society solve a murder. I had created a secret society myself of Prodigies protecting the wider band of Prodigies, complete with name and emblem. Too hokey for me, and thus I've lost a thousand words of progress.

However I'm one day ahead of writing, so I'm not really panicked. It's just part of the process.

***********

Thank you for all of you who visited my book and boosted the signal yesterday! The book hasn't made the hot list yet, but the hits to my site are gratifying. Remember that you can't just visit the site -- you must nominate the book for it to progress.

Here's the link:
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1KM8I0ZK97R9J/


Keep reading -- I love to see you show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.