Sunday, April 29, 2018

Updates and Musings


  1. A question for myself: What is more important -- success (not really), recognition (maybe), or skill/talent/competence (heck yeah!) I will always choose improvement and growth, given the circumstances. And I can see many situations where success happens because of factors that have nothing to do with competence and honing one's craft.
  2. I'm feeling like I have to blow some cobwebs out of my brain. I don't know if my muse is still on the job (if you're reading this, Muse, send me a smile!) I need some fantasy, some novelty, some surprise, a little mysticism, fairy wings, talking cats, a rainbow in a dandelion. I need a charge to help put the young love in this damn book I'm working on. 
  3. I will continue writing. I've decided what my pdoc was addressing was my sense of perfectionism and inability to stop at some point of "good enough"*. So, although getting published is a nice to have, it's not a measure of moderate proficiency. While I'm employed, I might have to settle for moderate proficiency, whatever it is. Or maybe not -- I don't have some of the more time-wasting habits like Netflix and excessive Facebook use, so I might have time for both.   
  4. I find out tomorrow or Tuesday about my Kindle Scout submission. I don't think it will get adopted into the (now defunct) program. Try, try again. I'm not quite ready to throw it in the abyss of self-publishing.
  5. Any love and support  you can give will be appreciated. Even if the only people reading this are actually bots from Russia or Poland.

********
* I often can only focus on one thing at a time because it has to be constantly getting better; I can't stop at good enough. This is why "walk a half-hour daily" becomes "walk four miles a day and eight miles a day on weekends" becomes "walk the Illinois-Michigan Canal in a week". (Note: Running isn't part of the plan. In my case, running isn't part of God's plan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.