Monday, April 27, 2020

Hubris



I am re-editing Prodigies again, this time for character development of the secondary characters. This whole discovery process has been humbling. I am hoping that, when I tear everything down like this, that what's left of my work is worth publishing.

That's the thing -- I don't mind being wrong. I don't mind not doing things right -- who am I fooling? I hate making mistakes and I grovel to the universe every time I do it. But I'm seeing new things every time I do, and I'm fixing new things. (And I have other novels that need the same treatment, damn it). 

Maybe this note is my groveling to the universe. Dear Universe, I'm sorry I made you read my mediocre books. I'm sorry I thought I was a big thing when I was making big mistakes. I'm sorry I ever thought I didn't need dev editors and beta readers. I am making amends, and I hope they're good enough.

Now I need to go and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.