Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Humor in the time of COVID-19





It's amazing how used I have gotten to social isolation during the pandemic. I think I'm a natural introvert, because the thing that bothers me the most is the boring scenery of my living room (my workplace). Sitting on my computer waiting for student questions while working on my work in progress (again) seems incredibly normal. It's been over a month, though, 
and I need some novelty in my life.

I'm contemplating some things that sound suspiciously like a mid-life crisis (although I think I went through that a few years ago when I briefly wanted to be a cougar). Here are a few thoughts:

  1. Now is the time to dye my hair blue, right?
  2. This room needs rearranging. This house needs rearranging.
  3. I want to retire and become a cat.
  4. I am incapable of doing a quarantine cut on my hair. Should I just give in and shave it off? (After I turn it blue)
  5. Five more fountain pens. I need five more fountain pens.
  6. I could teach my cats to type.
  7. I need five more cats!
I will not do most of these. I just asked my husband whether I should die my hair blue or buzz it, and he scowled at me. Sigh. 

I have to find something constructive to get through this. Maybe I should write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.