Monday, November 6, 2017

Rituals and word counts.

Thank you for keeping up, friends! I made the 20,000 mark today after swearing to write 3,000 words today despite not feeling well. I had time to write during my lunch hour, so I decided to stay on the goal. Specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic, time-bound.

Honestly, I'm not a horribly organized person who drives toward goals except at NaNo time. I meander most of the year, play with words, set soft goals. NaNo time is different -- it's as NaNo is a ritual I satisfy yearly to belong to my tribe of creatives. It's like my version of an all-night drumming circle at Midsummer or my First Snow ritual that I no longer hold because nobody's calendars are clear on that random November night when we get our first inch of snow.

I have to go to class now -- don't tell anyone.

Do you want to read an excerpt tonight? Please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I admire your commitment to maintain your writing goals. Some day it will pay off.
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.