Friday, November 3, 2017

PS: Heart as Large as an Autumn Moon.

I don't want anyone to think I'm an expert at this. I have not yet found an agent or gotten published. I just consider this blog a way to communicate with people, let people read my stuff, and teach myself by teaching others. That being said, the alternative name for this blog was "The Words are Important". I chose the name "Words Like Me" because of the pun in English -- "Do the words like me or ARE they like me?" (Both, I think).

Words are my way of expressing myself, because my voice has grown rusty, I have pretty noticeable coordination problems at times, and my ability to draw improved till fifth grade and then stopped. I am from a creative family -- in fact, I sometimes think I am the least talented. My mother designed embroidery projects that became poster art and painted Easter eggs with flowers. My father designed projects; the china cabinet he made me out of an old wooden crate and panes from our 100-year-old house is my most prized possession. My sister does photography and my mother told me repeatedly that she wrote better than I did. My youngest niece has considerable graphic talent.

I feel the need to express myself. I had a childhood of emotional and sexual abuse and bullying. I once had a classmate try to run my boyfriend and I over with a car. I was an easy victim because I was emotionally sensitive and socially awkward. I survived because I have uncanny emotional strength, not because it wasn't all that bad. I'm still socially awkward at times and emotionally sensitive, but I get away with it because I'm an adult now. And because it provides the fuel for me to write.

My writing includes themes of overcoming dystopia through human resilience, finding beauty in people around me, and moods, moods, and moods. I want you to read these. If I write these things, I do so because I wear my heart on the outside.

I want to know you. I want to know you if you write; I want to know you if you don't write. I want to watch your creativity, even if you don't think you're creative. I want you to critique me (honestly) or just say "Hi"! I want you to take my words and tuck them into your heart and go out and love one another.

My heart is large enough for new family members. If you want to be family, let me know.



2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. I would like to comment more in depth like I did in the summer. I am the homework parent and do not really get a break until they go to bed which is the time when my husband and I watch our shows and talk to each other about our day. Weekends have been rather busy also. So I do read your blogs and leave a brief comment. Wish I could write more like I did in the summer.
    This is Lsnetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, Lanetta. (You can tell I'm not a parent, because I'd never heard the term "homework parent" before!) Just knowing you're reading makes me happy.

      Delete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.