Saturday, October 3, 2020

The Upside of Self-Publishing

 

 

Ok, it's really strange looking at my Amazon book page.  Or my Amazon author's page. It's odd saying "my book is on pre-order". Or wait for the proof copy so I can finalize the book version. This is all amazing to me, especially the part where I have my hands in the process rather than waiting for someone else.

I still don't know if I want to put my contemporary fantasy books in the same treatment. I still think I want to publish those traditionally, even though that process from acceptance to publication is about three years. I want to know that I can succeed traditionally. But self-publishing is a lot of little rewards. 

I worry about sales. I'd like to sell the realistic number of 200-400 copies, but that will take lots of promotion, and I'm the only one who will do it. 

Unless you want to help.

I need a handful of people to help me publicize my book on launch day, which is November 1st. I can provide you with visual materials you can plug in. 

Please let me know in comments if you can help me, or email at lleachie@gmail.com

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.