Monday, October 19, 2020

This Blog is Again Evolving




I don't know who reads this blog.

I have an average readership of 27 people a day. Some of you, I know, are regular readers. How do I know this? Because a faithful few from other countries (I hope you're not bots!) show up on my blog stats -- Portugal, Germany, India. Rarely, someone comments on my blog, and that's always enjoyable.

This blog is evolving. Because I'm personal about my struggles with writing, I have been advised not to advertise this as my professional writing blog anymore. This means that there's less of an instrumental purpose for this blog, and it has become strictly personal. I suppose it has always been that.

But now I wonder why anyone would want to read it. It is rather personal, if well-written, given my tendency to practice my writing skills while composing it. It makes me feel cozy to write it. But do people want to read it? Moreover, do people who don't know me want to read it? 

I'm going to have to make some hard decisions about this blog. Drop me a line if you have any thoughts about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.