Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Learning to self-promote

I spent yesterday getting my author's presence on two websites that handle reviews: Goodreads and BookBub. This largely consisted of trying to figure out how to do it, which is not obvious by going to the page.

I'm discovering how much of promoting the book is learned by sitting in author's groups on Facebook and asking questions. I don't know what I would have done before Facebook groups. I certainly didn't know how to find this information and my Google game is excellent. 

One thing I've observed -- I don't think I need these connections with other professionals until I actually need information. This is a failing of mine, because it assumes that I can't give back, and eventually I will be able to. But maybe it's a common failing, especially for an introvert like I've become.

And now for a shameless self-promo moment:


This is what my author page looks like. If you want to see it bigger, look here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.