Friday, October 2, 2020

Hard at work? Or working too hard?


 I think I may be pacing myself too hard. I spend six hours straight on the computer on my days out of class (Tuesday and Thursday) catching up on work. I'm in the zone when I do it, so it's a good thing, but the tunnel vision makes me disoriented the next morning when I have to go to work and teach those classes. It's almost like standing up in front of a class with Zoom going is a vacation from those days of extreme focus.

It feels good to accomplish things, though. That's the reason for the focus -- it's rewarding. It's getting me moving, accomplishing. It's what I like to do.

But maybe I should learn to relax more. Maybe I should get back into meditation (although that's hard with a kitten who likes licking my nostrils.) Something to just shut off my brain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.