Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Stressful Times




 These are stressful times.

The presidential election is looming, and there's so much at stake. I do not exaggerate when I say I don't know if our democracy can stand four more years of Trump. There's been reported efforts of Russian interference through stirring up tensions and voter suppression in red states, and I fear that Trump will steal this election. 

COVID cases are on an uptick again, and some of my fellow faculty members have had COVID in their families. I'm not in close enough contact with people  so I haven't gotten it yet. I worry about getting COVID; I worry more for my husband with Type 2 diabetes. Social distancing is starting to get to me. We have canceled both Thanksgiving and Christmas plans to socially isolate. 

This is a time of tension. I need to find refuge. In the fiery leaves of the season. In the rain patter of my words. In the spicy scent of a candle. In the music of my childhood. 

Within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.