Sunday, October 18, 2020

Everyday vs Writerly Stuff

 It's snowing thirty miles north of us.

Yes, it's only halfway through the month of October, and southern Iowa is getting snow. We're just getting the greyest skies imaginable, with a bit of fog and a touch of wind. I'm ready for snow -- heck, I'm ready for anything with my cup of ginger tea and my cranking weather radio because I'm a Midwesterner.

I want to write about more than the weather, however. Because this blog is often a warm-up for my other writing (such as the novel I'll be writing for NaNo), I tend to write off the top of my head, which involves:

1) Weather

2) Setting

3) Where my head is at

4) What I've been up to

Maybe that's okay. I've put up a writers' blog where I'm talking about more writerly stuff at lleachie.wixsite.com/laurenleachsteffens . I don't write as often there because I don't write writerly things every day. I will be mobilizing that as my writers' website very soon.

But I should tell you that The Kringle Conspiracy is available for pre-order on Amazon. Type in my full name, and you should be able to find it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.