Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Feeling discouraged about my writing



I'm feeling a bit discouraged about my writing this morning.

All I've been doing is editing, and editing more than one work's beginning. This gives me a pretty myopic view in many ways, as I'm focused on the first moments of the work, trying to give my readers a setting to react to.

I'm feeling very discouraged. I've been doing this for, what, seven years? And I'm still fixing mistakes. And I don't know, through all this, if I'm getting any better, if my work is getting any better. I don't know if it's worth it, because I don't know if I'll ever get published. Or, if I self-publish, if I'm good enough to get published. I don't want to be published until my stuff is good, really good, and I don't know if I've got what it takes to get there. 

I need a breakthrough, not a breakdown. And I don't know if I can find my way to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.