Friday, May 29, 2020

Struggling for Inspiration



I think I'm getting used to quarantine life.

This feels normal now, spending most of my time indoors with an occasional sojourn on the porch. Spending my days working at the computer at home doing my class work, or reviewing my students' work.

The only problem is, I'm really struggling with my writing.

When I need to refresh my mind to write, I usually go to a coffee shop. My choice here in Maryville is the Board Game Cafe. Like much of Maryville, it's closed during the COVID-19 holding time. 

Drinking coffee at home is not the same. Even at my coziest, drinking coffee and listening to classical music, I don't feel the inspiration. There are no interactions that catch in my ear, no moods except my own. So I'm struggling for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.