Saturday, May 2, 2020

Progress (I think)



I think I'm through the edit of Prodigies -- it's going to my in-house reader now. The edit was about two things -- emotions and plotting. I hope I have those in a better place.

I guess Prodigies will go out on my next querying round, and I'm hoping the beginning now brings agents in. They should get to know the main character now. 

Now, I'm afraid, it's time to go back to Gaia's Hands. I would rather prune very prickly roses than go back to Gaia's Hands, to be truthful. That book needs so much help, being the first one I wrote. It needs replotting and characterization and dilemmas and ... I still don't know if I want to start it from scratch.

I do worry because I haven't had an idea for a new book for a while (but Whose Hearts are Mountains wasn't that long ago, either). On the other hands, I want the existing works to be sharp, sparkly, and compelling. I hope I get closer to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.