Saturday, May 9, 2020

Daydreaming a Summer Break



Sorry to keep you all waiting, but I had to finish grading final exams for my last class. I'm officially done with my semester, which if you read yesterday's post, doesn't feel like an ending at all. I'm wondering if going tent camping in my backyard would feel like a vacation. At my age, it would probably feel like torture.

Honestly, if I could afford a travel trailer, I'd park it out at the nearby park for the summer just to feel like I'd gotten away from people. I like that idea -- it would make a perfect writing retreat. Home away from home, and even wifi (not excellent wifi, but passable). 

A cabin out in the woods would be nice. If it had wifi. I need to have my internet to monitor students and the like. 

I'm just not ready to break the shelter-in-place and be in space with lots of people. I'm certainly not going to take the face mask off the few times I'm anywhere near people. 

It just doesn't feel like summer without my little writing retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.