Monday, May 4, 2020

Monday Morning



Photo by Nathan Lemon on Unsplash

Monday morning, which seems a lot like every other day in this pandemic -- I have two cats at my workstation (the corner of the loveseat in the living room), and I'm drinking coffee.

Today is work (the ordinary type where I have to grade final exams for classes) and work (the writing type where I look at what I've written and what it needs). I've done fixes on Whose Hearts are Mountains and Prodigies, and it's time to apply it to Apocalypse.

You see, now I know what my problem is. I started right into the action and didn't give the story its moments to develop characters and scene.  I hope I'm doing it right this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.