Wednesday, September 30, 2020

No Turning Back

 


Yesterday was a grueling day putting together my book materials and making sure they're formatted right. Everything's uploaded to KDP; there's no turning back.

I could, if I wanted to, turn my back on it and not give it any publicity. I could do that. But I won't. I will do the best I can on publicity, although this too scares me. 

Publishing Kringle Conspiracy is an experiment, to see what goes well and what I could do better next time, if there is a next time. It's a way of seeing whether this is a way I would want to go again. 

At the moment, I feel more exhausted than excited, probably because I spent six hours on it yesterday. I need to work on the positives to keep going.  

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Lauren, on "Kringle Conspiracy." Yup, publicity is a bear, and it's difficult to teach, write, AND handle publicity. May I suggest starting with your author platform audit? Not trying to sell you anything, but I've got an infographic that can help. Please DM me on Twitter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.