Saturday, September 5, 2020

You are a writer

 

 


I believe I'm back from my writers' block. I don't know if I'm ready to edit/rewrite Gaia's Hands yet, and I certainly don't feel like writing one of those two books I have on debt (Hands and Gods' Seeds). The former would require me to go to Poland for a few months, and I don't have the time or the translator. 

But I'm a writer, and I can't escape this, even if I don't get published. Even if I feel bad about the fact that I don't get published.

I hope there are other writers out there who need to hear this: If you set paper to pen regularly, if you see stories out the window of the cafe or in a crowded cafeteria or on the street, or even in a collection of ants on the sidewalk, you are a writer. The world is yours to create with, and even if nobody else has seen your work, you are indeed a writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.