Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Waking up my writing

 

I am trying to wake up my writing. My hectic schedule and the exhaustion that comes from wading through COVID-19 measures in the classroom, plus the lack of things that energize me (a movie, a writing retreat, something other than work or home) make the inspiration nearly absent.

"What do you want to write about?" No idea.

 I've even had trouble writing this blog. I missed yesterday; I've missed other days here and there. I started this blog with a desire to write daily, and I'm afraid that if I don't keep that up, I will just quit.

 But I'm here today, and that's what I need to do: keep showing up.

I'm doing some things to reclaim my imagination. Debbi Voisey (@DublinWriter on Twitter) hosts online workshops, and right now she's hosting a prompt workshop, where for the first seven days we take notes on a total of 21 prompts, and then write. I'm hoping to get a short story out of this that I'm proud of.

If you have any ideas about how I can renew my imagination in the time of COVID-19 (and its restrictions on travel) please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.