Thursday, September 10, 2020

A lull -- and jitters

 



I'm waiting for my favorite beta reader to react to my book. What she says will determine my final actions -- do I put the book out this November or do I hold it back to show to a dev editor?

I'm pretty confident about the book not needing a dev editor, because I read through a number of times for flow, for sense, for proofreading. 

No, I'm not confident, but I can't afford a dev editor right now. I'm excited about putting it out. I haven't had momentum like this in ages. In a perfect world, I'd have a quick and inexpensive dev editor. Maybe if I go through it one more time ...

How do people go through all this publishing a book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.