Saturday, September 26, 2020

My not-so-secret double life

 



I now officially have a secret double-life.

Now that I'm self-publishing a novel (I understand my genre is called geek romance) I have to get serious on my professional presence. So now I have:


A writer Instagram (@laurenleachsteffens) vs a personal instagram (@lleachieishere).

A writer twitter (@lleachsteffens) -- I don't have a personal twitter

A writing blog (https://lleachie.wixsite.com/laurenleachsteffens) vs a personal blog (this one).


These are some of the many adaptations I've needed to make to get more professional. I now have a press kit, a timetable, and business cards. When things settle down on the COVID front, I may have to go to a conference or two. I will need to think about how to dress up a table there. 

It's a lot of work, but exciting work. I think I can handle it. I'm going to have to keep up the writing while I do so. It's a good thing I hate watching tv. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.