Monday, September 7, 2020

Maybe not a Christmas Present

 


 

 

So I'm editing Kringle Conspiracy, a book I'd put in a drawer for two or three years. My natural pessimism is setting in, and I stew about whether it will be good enough to publish. On the schedule I'm on, I'm going to have to do without a dev edit, and I'm rather uneasy about that. On the other hand, it's a pretty simple book.

The thing is, I want to get it online in time for the Christmas season, which means October. I don't think anyone can dev edit in a week, giving me two weeks to fix. I could save it for next Christmas and get a dev edit, which would be the great thing to do if I were patient. I'm working on being patient.

I'll let you know. I'll do this rewrite and let it sit for a bit, then decide if I need to hold back for a dev editor. So maybe you won't see this by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.