Sunday, September 6, 2020

Look! I might be self-publishing something!

 

 


Yesterday, I was trying to figure out what I would write for NaNoWriMo, which is in November, but it's never too early. Richard, my husband and partner in crime, suggested rewriting a Christmas Romance novel I put aside in despair thinking it wasn't romancy enough. 

I thought about that, and then looked for a tool to help it be more romancy (it's now a word, deal with it) and found Jami Gold's romance beat sheet. Walking through the beat sheet, it seems that there's not a huge amount of work I need to do -- emphasize some points, make sure the timing is right, fix a subplot. This can be done.

Then I stepped into Facebook and asked my friends if I should be fixing a novel that read a bit like a Hallmark Christmas movie. I got a resounding "Yes" with one of my friends, Heather, suggesting I self-publish it. 

And the bubble up giggle of delight broke out. Maybe this, a low-stakes publication, would be my entry into self-publishing! I don't think of myself as a romance writer, so I don't have much ego invested in this if it doesn't do well.

 So guess what I'll be doing today? Rewriting, daydreaming, and shooting for a mid-October publication date. 

 

Any of my self-publishing friends out there, please check in with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.