Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Unboxing my Dev Edit (Personal Development)



I'm a bit nervy about this ...
I confess -- I've been afraid to open up that dev edit for Whose Hearts are Mountains. It's long, it's detailed, and I'm going to be mortally embarassed by the mistakes I've made.

But it doesn't matter.
My novel deserves an opportunity to improve. It deserves to become great, not just good. And I deserve to have a better book.

Too many excuses
I've been avoiding reading this for four days. I had to clean my room, take a nap, write a synopsis of a poster session I want to present research in, nap some more...

But now it's time.
I need to get the courage to dig into it and improve the story. Anna Schmidt and Daniel Ettner deserve better than to be left in the corner, their story never heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.