Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year -- and changes in the blog

Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2020. I had a pretty peaceful year last year, and I'm hoping this one is more fruitful. How about you? 
  
What's with the Headings?
You might have noticed the format of this blog post has changed. 
I'm trying to learn a new trick for the New Year, and that is more effective blog posts. I just got a copy of Robert Lee Brewer's  29th Annual Edition Guide to Literary Agents 2020 (2019)* and I'm using his material to up my social media game.

A couple of things Brewer (2019) suggested in blogging were: 1) shorter sentences; 2) headings 3) clip art. 

How will this affect blogging?
So far, this has been a big change in my blogging, because I have to pause a lot more and think. It's going to make blogging a lot different, because my almost stream of consciousness blogging will end. But I guess this caters to people's actual attention spans online.

For you, the reader:

  1. Could you let me know how this is working for you? Like, dislike? I'd love to hear from you!
  2. Check out the book below. Here's the link: Guide to Literary Agents 2020.


Reference:
Brewer, Robert Lee (2019) 29th Annual Edition Guide to Literary Agents 2020. Penguin Random House.  

* About that discrepancy in dates -- American Psychological Association style requires the publication date included, and since today is January 1st, 2020, the book had to be published in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.