Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My 1000th Blog Post (Blogging)

Time to celebrate!
This blog has hit a milestone I didn't ever think I would hit -- my thousandth post! How does one celebrate 1000 blog posts? By writing a blog post!

Origins
I started the blog a little over three years ago with the aim of developing an author's social media presence. Its secondary purpose was, however, to warm up my mind for a day of writing. Thus, writing in the blog became an almost daily event. 

Content
The content of the blog echoes the header above: "A blog about being a writer, believing it, honing it, living it." As a theme, this has afforded me a bit of flexibility, and I have written about my writing, my struggles with writing, writing tools I've discovered, and occasionally examples of my writing. 

Most writers don't write in their blogs daily. I'm pretty sure this makes me an overachiever. 

Changes in the Blog
The blog hasn't changed much in the past 1000 posts. At first, I didn't post every day. Occasionally, I whined about my lack of progress; those posts have been deleted. 

I recently began formatting posts with headers to make the blog more friendly to readers. I hope this has helped readers find meaning in the blog.

Beyond 1000
I'm not sure what's in store for the blog over the next couple of years. I have thought of moving it to a weekly blog and focusing on writing tools and the like, but there are many blogs that already do this. I want this blog to be accessible to writers and people who like writing, so I will probably continue with the daily posting and the variety of posts I make. This has the added bonus of making the blog more fun to write.

Here's to 1000 more blog posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.