Tuesday, January 28, 2020

I don't feel like writing (personal)

Not in the Mood Today
I have two ideas for short stories, and one novella (or a short story, I don't know) and I don't feel like writing yet.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm editing from beta readers' suggestions for two novels and I want to get some queries out! I have two months before I can query again.



The Wise Advice Someone Gave Me
I really should take the advice someone (I don't remember his name!) gave me at Archon (a writers' conference in St. Louis): I should concentrate more on short stories and poetry and submit them in contests and for publication,

I've been submitting, using Submittable as a platform for finding and submitting my works. I've had a 10% response rate, which I consider good. I've noticed, strangely, that my work is received better overseas. Not so strangely, I've noticed that I don't score so high with literary journals

I'm Tired
It may be the weather or seasonal depression or something, but I'm really tired right now. The moment I get more beta reader feedback, I'll wake up and modify my novel like a maniac.

And there's always coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.