Saturday, January 11, 2020

Saturday Morning at my House (Creative Essay)

Mind the clutter on the coffee table. 

Welcome to my Saturday morning.

It's 8 o'clock AM, and my husband and I won't go out today because of the ice and sleet from yesterday and the potential snow today. It's a good excuse, anyhow.

We lounge in the living room under low light. The fake fireplace and a piney Woodwick candle create ambience. Tony Bennett sings "Darn that dream" and we chuckle at the song's quaint language. Chucky sits on the edge of the cluttered coffee table, managing to knock only one thing down.

The coffee today is from Burundi, home roasted and ground, and I can taste notes of lemon, cooked apples, and spice. Tony Bennett has segued into a mellow jazz tune. 

I'm in my writing corner on the loveseat typing this. When I'm done I will go back to my developmental edits, which are going smoother than I thought. Today is an enforced retreat day, for which I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.