Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Flow Is Not Happening

So I made my summer schedule nice and neat -- only to have to revise it already.

Rain, of course. A visit to the acute care clinic. Best intentions gone to hell. 

I wonder if my schedule's too strict. I wonder if it's just me being reluctant to follow a schedule. At any rate, the flow is not happening.

I'm second-guessing my schedule just like I'm second-guessing my editing.

I'm editing the bulk of Apocalypse, trying to cut out what isn't necessary, and I'm struggling between "burn it to the ground" and "I can't kill my darlings!" Some good quality time writing should solve that quickly -- or perhaps slowly. If I get the hang of what should stay and what should go, I should be done by June 1 because the story has good bones. 

I guess the motto is to try for excellence and not perfection. Perfection has me chasing my tail and getting nothing done.  

Flow doesn't happen when I'm nitpicking details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.