Monday, May 20, 2019

In Praise of Dev Editing

I'm almost ready to send Apocalypse to dev edit again. 

Almost.

That's not saying it's flawless, just that I will get to the point that I can't find any flaws myself. That's why I need editors -- because they're new eyes on my work. Because they can see things I don't. Because they've read enough that they know what the shape of a novel looks like. Because I want to be read.

I am about at the place where I need to send Prodigies out for queries again, but my dev editor wants to work with me first to find a new angle.

So I prep and I wait till June, when she's ready to work with me on my books again.

I've learned so much about myself and my writing since I found a developmental editor. Here's to improvement!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.