Monday, October 9, 2017

PS: Light and dark

You believe you know me because we have laughed together on a golden afternoon, as the first of autumn's leaves turn gold and tumble lazily.

You do not know me until you have walked with me through sodden leaves on a night where the wind whips sleet in your face and white-hot forks of lightning bleed into your vision. Here, I am a witch, the child of the storm; I stand on a hill singing to the maelstrom.

You’ve only seen me laugh. I laugh because I’ve screamed; I smile because I’ve raged; I champion the wounded because I’ve been beaten. I rejoice because I have survived.


You cannot honor my light without accepting my darkness.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! The imagery it is so beaitifil!!!!
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.