Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Rewriting another novel

I finished my rewrite of Apocalypse, and currently I don't have enough distance from it to look at it objectively anymore, which is why it will go back to dev edit shortly. 

So where does that leave me relative to writing? I can either start a new book, figure out what to do with the idea for Gods' Seeds (I'm struggling with that -- there's so much I want to do that it could be two books, my usual problem) or I could look over the post dev edit on Gaia's Hands and see if I can feel better about it.

I've decided to work on Gaia's Hands. If (when?) I get Apocalypse published, Gaia's Hands would be a prequel. As such, I'd like to get it polished while I have the time to and before I come up with any other bright ideas. Whose Hearts are Mountains, which still needs a developmental edit, would be the next novel after that.

Yes, I have a plan. All I need is for the stars to align so that I can actually get something published. If you pray, put in a good word for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.