Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Every which way

I'm sitting on my couch, before the day's meetings and errands and editing (and no gardening as we're on a flood warning with rain expected. My mind is going every which way:

  •  So much to do these next couple days -- meet students, prep for conference, plant stuff, write, prep for conference ...
 
  • I am in a holding pattern for Making Things Happen. I don't want to requery Prodigies until my dev editor has another shot at it (in June), I don't know if I want to requery (this is now a word) Voyageurs at all (don't know if it's viable), can't get re-written Apocalypse to the dev editor till June ... when I send queries out, I get out of my funk because of this concept of possibility. I'm not really looking at any possibilities right now except for one big long shot.
 
  • I think I'm going to be rejected by TSA precheck. I don't know why, unless it was those anti-war protests I participated in during the Gulf War or the guy I dated, equally long ago, whose father was a card-carrying member of the Communist Party. Or the fact that I'm a Quaker, or that I have a metal bar in my left leg that guarantees I'll be patted down like a terrorist.  The website says "Eligibility Determined" but does not give me a code number. 
 
  • I'm pretty sure my last query out is going to be rejected. As I said, I shot big with that one.
 
  • I'm not feeling good about my writing lately. I hear this happens.
 
  • It's just feeling like an unlucky day. My mood needs to be kicked in the butt, I'm sure, but not sure how to do that. The problem with feeling down is that feelings are so vivid that they take on the weight of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.