Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Productive Day

I spent a productive day yesterday editing Apocalypse.

My task was to take away all the filler (of which there was quite a bit, because I wrote the originals about three years ago when I didn't know as much as I do now) and to get rid of some of the gazillion points of view, because my dev editor said it's not a good thing to follow that many characters, even in third person omniscient. So I guess third person omniscient isn't that omniscient?

I'm not done yet. I need to ratchet up some of the suspense. I need to add back a couple things I took out. I need to see if I'm going to put back the Amarel/Batarel/Natalie subplot. (I'm not. No matter that it completely guts another novel I wrote. It isn't a good turn of plot, although it made a good philosophical point.)

So I'll be busy writing, in-between bringing the dead bat to Public Health and writing to my new teaching assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.