Thursday, May 30, 2019

Routine and Discipline

Scheduling writing has been a pain lately. Remember yesterday, when I was so excited to write? By the time I drove around Kansas City, visited an intern, and wrote a major homework for my online class, I was no longer in any shape to write.

But that's why I write the blog every morning -- so at least I've written something. No matter how short, no matter how trivial, no matter how moody. No matter how much I don't feel it.

Without routine, I would forget I was a writer during busy times like these. I would forget how to write and all the lessons I've learned along the way. I would lose my identity as a writer. 

In other words, even when I don't write, I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.