Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Vision Board (Personal Development)



On January 2nd, I made a vision board -- or rather, a vision book, as I didn't have any place in my room to post poster board. 

What is a vision board?
A vision board is a motivational tool using pictures and sometimes text to render what's most important to a person into visual form. This can be done in poster or book form or online, and could utilize photos, clip art, or other visual symbols. 

How does it work?
Many proponents of a vision board believe in the Law of Attraction -- that we can attract good fortune. I do not, largely because it seems selfish to me. I tend to believe that it helps me to focus on my goals and, thus, helps me to motivate toward what I think is most important.

What does my vision book look like?
It takes up six pages of a larger book that I should be documenting my success in. The pages are: Writing, getting published, marriage, teaching, research, and time management.

Does it motivate me?
When I first made it, it greatly motivated me. It felt like a ritual, and I'm a great fan of rituals. Now, a month out, I feel I need to look at them again, maybe on a daily basis. 

Do I need to make a ritual to look at it daily?
Most certainly yes. Or make an actual board to hang on the back of the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.