Monday, February 10, 2020

The Luck Factor



I need more luck. Of the good variety.

It occurs to me that my writing may not be enough to get published.  There are people who get published because they know someone, or because of some random set of events that get them to the right place at the right time with the right person.

I don't know anyone in the industry, so I'm praying for just that sort of luck.

I know every good thing is a two-edged sword -- the lottery bestows money, and with it, tension. A publishing contract would invite paperwork and other life changes into my life. But the status quo isn't necessarily the best place to live either.

So I am wishing and praying for the kind of luck, the serendipity that changes my life in a positive way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.