Sunday, February 23, 2020

Novel in need of resuscitation.





I'm contemplating scrapping a novel.

Gaia's Hands, my first book, needs so much help. I can't even explain why, except that it just isn't up to my standards. The B story (Jeanne and Josh's relationship) doesn't feel quite right. The A story needs a few adjustments. The magic seems intermittent and just wedged in.

All in all, I am frustrated with this story, even though I've rewritten it so many times it's ridiculous.

It's down to a short novel. Maybe if I cut enough, it can be a novella. I don't see it getting larger again. 

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.