Thursday, January 11, 2018

My 250th entry!

Today marks my 250th entry in this blog.

I'm really surprised. Previously, blogs I have started have generally lasted about two entries before I didn't know what to write anymore. I think this is mostly because they were just journaling, out loud, when I was feeling bad about something. They weren't so much blogs -- they were emotion dumps, and I was so embarassed by them I couldn't let them continue.

My husband and I (mostly my husband) kept a blog together once. This was more of a journal about our lives -- "This is what happened today". I think the reason we quit writing that blog was Facebook, which is largely a forum of short-form "This is what happened today" essays. Facebook proves that we are all writers at heart.

I tried something new with this blog. A combination of observations about writing, essays about writing skills, and personal works, this blog strives to talk about what it means to be a writer, and that one can be a writer in spirit without ever publishing. I hope I have done what I set out to do.

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you have created a different forum with your blog. It ignites memories and invites discussion.
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.