Monday, January 8, 2018

In the End, I'm Still a Writer.

I wake up at 5 AM US Central Standard Time every day -- yes, I know that's really, really early -- so I have time for getting ready, and eating breakfast, and prepping for the day at work -- and writing. 

Yes, that's how much writing has become a part of my life. It's like a dysfunctional boyfriend. Writing flirts, it teases, it demands my attention on its schedule, and when I need it to be there for me, it flees, taking my ideas with me. Still, I can't break up with writing, because it fascinates me. I sit at the coffeehouse and hope that writing will show up for me.

On the flipside, my imagination may be the chaos that writing seeks to tame.  I, and my passions, may well be that muse that challenges me at coffee ("Tell me who you think I am"), who I have personified as an incarnation of Pan, all intensity and chaos, joy and panic, abandon of all things sensible. (I'll admit this is disappointing in a way, because Pan is sexy as hell.)

I am the storm; I am the storm's eye. 

For this reason, I have to write.

Thank you for listening.

2 comments:

  1. I like the analogy of writing compared to a dysfunctional boyfriend.
    Keep writing!!!
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get a t-shirt that says "I have a dysfunctional relationship with my writing." I have a feeling that other writers will envy it. Thanks!

      Delete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.