Sunday, January 21, 2018

Callings and the Household's Stories

First off, Marcie says hi. She's just about done with her first novel, Chucky the Cat Saves the World. She's tried to convince Chucky to illustrate it, but the negotiations haven't been going well.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to convince Girly-Girl, who's sitting next to me, to write a memoir. I've suggested the title I've Seen Everything and I Don't Care Anymore. She didn't care for that.

i'm trying to convince my husband to seek out an agent. He writes in science fiction and he understands the genre very well -- its subject matter; its focus on machines, science, and battles; its masculinist roots. I believe he could find an agent pretty quickly, and I wonder if the reason I felt called to writing was to get him to write, and find him a career.

I'm still confused as to what I've been called to do, and whether I've been called to write. Callings are very important among Quakers -- we believe that if we sit quietly enough, God will show us our callings. I haven't felt anything as a calling for so long that I feel adrift.

When I start writing again, calling or no, I don't know what I'll start writing on again. I'm afraid of the creative memoir about bipolar disorder. Although it's attractive being heard, I don't want people to think of me as "THAT person," the one you have to keep an eye on. Yes, as open as I am about my situation, I am afraid of people who judge. Sometimes I want to run away from this blog because I've talked about it here.

I feel stymied by Hearts are Mountains. It's reading like a depressing travelogue, and I don't know what it needs. It's a bit flat. I might want to go back to Prodigies, but I wonder if that's going very well either. I doubt everything since all the rejections.

I hope that I find my direction soon -- in or out of writing, I don't know. But I hope I find my calling.

1 comment:

  1. There are things that we are called to do. You know in your Spirit when it is right. God gives me peace about a decision or urges me to do whatever and I do it. Listen to your inner voice and you will know.
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.