Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Beginning of Spring Semester

 Work is starting to leak into my last days off -- revising the syllabi (already written) for the university records, fielding emails from internships, meetings, trying to locate all my masks ...

And rewriting my schedule, so I have time to write despite work coming back into full swing. 

One of the pluses of teaching at a university is that we get more time off than other people. Actually, we don't have as much time off as it looks, because we have to do class prep, take emails, have meetings and the like. Still, we get at least more flexible time to get these things done. (Note, I work summers supervising interns, so that's not a vacation either.)

I have to get back into the mindset, though. The routine. Getting dressed for work, grading, getting ready for classes (which will be taught online and over Zoom simultaneously.) Meetings and more meetings. 

I can start that on Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.