Monday, January 4, 2021

Disbelieving in Horoscopes

 



According to my horoscope, my muse is supposed to be preeminent in my life today. According to my life, my muse is late on the job.

Unless, of course, he will show up with my coffee, or knock on the door while I'm sitting in front of this computer staring at the screen and saying "Duhhhhh". 

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't believe in horoscopes. 

Sometimes they look like they fit well -- for example, if my horoscope emphasizes work, creativity, or sleep, it usually fits in with my life. Communication problems (such as in Mercury retrograde) seem to not happen in real life for me. And anything that mentions a windfall of money is likely not to happen. 

At the same time I don't believe in horoscopes, I will mention that I'm a Virgo, with all the annoying traits inherent in the sign. I'm a perfectionist with extreme focus and a tendency toward anal-retentiveness (if you read astrologers' descriptions of Virgos, you'll see that astrologers tend not to like Virgos). On the other hand, I've let go a lot of things I'd normally fuss with, like housework. I gave that up to my husband. And even though things are not done to my impossibly high standards, I've let it go. 

So, I'm waiting for my muse. My horoscope says I may need to go after him. I'm trying to figure out how. Maybe I do believe in horoscopes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.