Sunday, January 17, 2021

Layers of story

Sunday. Coffee and classical time. We're listening to Max Richter, because I have the control of the music. Otherwise the Sunday classical would be Mozart or Beethoven. I am the more exploratory of the two of us, but I've actually gotten Richard to tolerate Philip Glass. 

I want to write today. I need some earth-shaking ideas to motivate me. Right now, I'm plowing through potential plot difficulties that require some research and thought. I want to be thinking more fancifully; I feel that's what I'm missing lately in the book. I'm frustrated with this book, because it's like the inspiration and development is coming in layers, and I keep having to go back and review and add. 

I thought the romance rewrite of this book was going to be so easy! Gaia's Hands proves again to be the most difficult thing I've ever written and there's no reason for it to be so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.