Thursday, January 14, 2021

First Day of Classes Woe

 First day back to work (in a couple hours), and the beginning of the new semester. And this is what I'm expecting: 


  • Students who won't turn their cameras on on Zoom
  • Me making some stellar mistake on Zoom that my students get me out of
  • One student who shows up in person despite two emails that said we will meet on Zoom for the first day.
  • At least one absolutely urgent task over email
  • A student who has figured out filters! on Zoom
  • Me almost forgetting my mask on a run to the bathroom
  • Kittens on Zoom!
This being said, there should be at least one totally unexpected thing happening today. Like another water main breaking (we had that the other day) or an Internet outage. 

This is the fun of teaching. You never know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.