Monday, January 11, 2021

Am I ready? Am I ever?

 Classes are starting in a couple days, and I hope I'm ready for them. I always feel like I'm not quite ready, but I also feel assured that none of my colleagues at the University feel like they're ready either. It's the lament of faculty everywhere, I guess. (Just as I started writing, something broke in one of my online course sites and I had to fix it. So much for being ready.)

It will be another semester of social distancing, because vaccines have not been widely available in the US yet. I will meet with half the class at a time again, giving the same activities to each section. Tuesday and Thursday will be my busy days. Office hours will be Zoom or live. Everything live will be with masks on.

I have gotten used to COVID protocols, strangely enough. I'm accustomed to not going places, wearing masks, Zooming. I miss live teaching, but if distance protocols are how I have to teach, I'll keep doing so. 

So I'll be as ready as I can on Thursday when I start teaching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.